Who can join?
- Adults, aged 18 and over
- Registered to a Derby City GP practice
- Have a BMI of 30+ or 27.5 for people of South Asian origin. Click here to calculate your BMI.
What are we offering?
- Group activities tailored to men’s health issues and male motivations to lose weight.
- Regular support and encouragement to help you self-monitor weight, eating and activity levels.
- An 8-week weight management course accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Group support with like-minded people, to share and learn from each other.
- Access to a wide range of exercise sessions including football, bootcamp, circuits and more.
- Support to help manage any specific medical conditions alongside losing weight.
All about you
Over two thirds of men are currently overweight or obese. And being overweight is a key risk factor for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some cancers – all major killers. We’re here to help you lose your paunch (if you have one!), get fitter and minimise your risks so you can keep up with the kids without getting out of breath.
We do things a little differently to the other Livewell programmes. For starters, you’ll learn to eat and train like your football heroes and our group based support comes with lots of laughs and banter.
Livewell is funded to help as many individuals as possible in Derby to live a healthier lifestyle. Due to high demand for weight management programmes, Livewell cannot accept applications from people who have already completed a 12-month Livewell or b-You weight management plan.