Lose Weight Feel Great is an 8-week course which has been accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and takes a long-term approach to eating and exercise.
It's a vital part of our Lose Weight 12-month programme but clients from other programmes are welcome to register for one of our popular courses.
The course has been developed by our Livewell Nurse, Di Jones and a dietician. It uses evidence-based techniques to support people to take a more mindful approach to eating and drinking.
Weekly one-hour sessions focus on key topics relevant to losing weight and keeping it off for good such as portion sizes, fats, sugars, mindful eating, physical activity and more.
Clients tell us they love the sociable side of the course and the accountability of being weighed every week in boosting their weight loss efforts. In addition to expert advice, clients also benefit from group discussions and the opportunity to meet other people on the programme.
Janine, a Livewell client who completed the course said: "My blood pressure was very high but since losing 12lbs on the course, it is now normal. I've learnt so many new things. It's not a quick fix but a healthy way of eating and exercising every day."
Check our Client Activity Programme for course dates, times and venues
- 75% said their knowledge about the Eatwell Guide and the different food groups had increased.
- 100% said the amount of fruit and vegetables they eat has increased.
- 100% said their understanding of portion sizes has improved.
- 75% said their understanding of food labels had improved.
- 100% said they will now have less sugar, saturated fat and salt in their diet.
- 50% had an improved blood pressure.
A total of 16.3 kgs lost over the 8 weeks (2 ½ stone/36 lbs or just over 7 of the 5 lb fat models you get to see and feel in session 3).