Who can join?
- Adults, aged 18 and over
- Registered to a Derby City GP practice and/or a Derby city resident.
- Have a BMI of 30+ or 27.5 for people of South Asian origin (Click here to calculate your BMI)
What are we offering
Weekly meetings to get you started on a tailored weight management plan.
Regular support and encouragement to help you self monitor weight, eating and activity levels.
Virtual group support with like-minded people, to share and learn from each other.
Fun exercise sessions.
- Led walks.
- Access to Council leisure centres (gym and classes) once a committment to losing weight is demonstrated.
Support to help manage any specific medical conditions alongside losing weight.
- Check out the Client Activity Programme on our homepage to see the range of exercise and support sessions on offer.
- Find out about our specialist perinatal weight management programme for support during and after pregnancy.
All about you
The effects of quick-fix diets often don’t last, as faddy eating habits are not sustainable longer term. Livewell takes a life-long approach to eating and exercise and helps you find ways to reduce your portion sizes without feeling hungry. If you find your weight is going back up again, it’s time to take action...
Our team really cares about your health goals. They’re dedicated to supporting you every step of the way.
Livewell is funded to help as many individuals as possible in Derby to live a healthier lifestyle. Due to high demand for weight management programmes, Livewell cannot accept applications from people who have already completed a 12-month Livewell or b-You weight management plan.