Who can have an NHS Health Check?
Registered to a Derby GP practice
Aged between 40 and 74
Not diagnosed with heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes or kidney disease
Not had an NHS Health Check in the last five years
What are we offering?
- Free 40 minute NHS Health Check appointment for people aged 40-74
- Appointments available at the Florence Nightingale Community Hospital and Derby City Council House
- Simple tests including BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol and heart age designed to spot early signs of stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or dementia.
- Simple finger tip blood test for cholesterol (no fasting required).
- Results given by Livewell experts at the appointment alongside lifestyle advice and ways to lower risks of developing health problems.
All about you
As we get older, we have a higher risk of developing conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease or type 2 diabetes. Your free NHS Health Check with Livewell can spot early signs and help prevent these happening to you, which means you'll be more likely to enjoy life for longer.
Our friendly Livewell team will discuss your results with you, giving you advice to help prevent health problems and signposting you to other Livewell services to help you improve your lifestyle and wellbeing.