Perinatal weight management is a supportive programme for those in pregnancy and the post-natal period. Our specialist advisor will support you to keep healthy and well during pregnancy, managing weight through safe guidance. We understand post-natal weight loss can be difficult with a new baby and a new way of life. Our accessible programme, where you can bring baby along, includes realistic support, perinatal exercise sessions, led walks, healthy eating advice, and continual support.
Who can join?
- Registered to a Derby doctor and/or a Derby city resident.
- Adults with a BMI of 30 or over (or 27.5 for people of South Asian origin). Click here to calculate your BMI.
What are we offering?
- Weekly meetings with a specialist advisor to get you started on a tailored weight management plan.
- Regular support and encouragement to help you self monitor weight, nutrition and activity levels.
- Weekly drop-ins, coffee mornings and group support
- Access to weekly perinatal exercise classes and led walks
- Leisure centre membership (gym and classes) - conditions apply.
- Support to help manage any specific medical conditions.
- Check out the Client Activity Programme on our homepage to see the range of exercise and support sessions on offer.
All about you
If you are pregnant – congratulations! This is not a time to diet or lose weight, but a good time to look after yourself and your baby by eating healthily and keeping active. This can not only help you feel better and have a more enjoyable pregnancy, but also reduce the risk of complications during pregnancy and childbirth and help your baby to develop and grow.
We can support you in the post-natal period to lose weight in a safe and sustainable way, by building in healthier lifestyle habits for you and your family. If you are thinking about becoming pregnant again, this is a really great time to make some simple positive diet and lifestyle changes to ensure your body is best prepared for pregnancy.
Our team really cares about your health goals. They’re dedicated to supporting you every step of the way.
How to join
email [email protected] or call 01332 641254 to arrange a friendly chat with our specialist advisor, Emma to find out more.
Livewell is funded to help as many individuals as possible in Derby to live a healthier lifestyle. Due to high demand for weight management programmes, Livewell cannot accept applications from people who have already completed a 12-month Livewell or b-You weight management plan.