Derby Active announced that their facilities (gym and classes) will re-open on Saturday 25 July including Derby Arena, Springwood Leisure Centre and Queen’s Leisure Centre. Laned swimming will start at Queen’s Leisure Centre on 3 August.
More details about booking, arrangements, what to expect and frequently asked questions for each centre can be found on Derby Active’s Welcome Back page.
The following additional conditions apply to current clients with a Livewell membership card with access to gym and/or group exercise classes:
- Membership cards will be extended by the period the centres were closed. Please ask your advisor to action this for you.
- All members and clients must book for the gym and classes otherwise you will be turned away. Livewell clients can only book group exercise classes on the day of that activity.
- Read Derby Active’s Welcome Back page for booking and other important information
- No buddies are allowed to accompany clients to the gym, classes or swimming sessions at the reduced buddy rate. They will need to set up a monthly or pay as you go membership and book separately. If you have a carer, they will still be able to attend with you but please call to book and let the team know. Booking information is on Derby Active’s Welcome Back page
- Time restrictions apply to the gym at Springwood Leisure Centre and Derby Arena. From Monday to Friday Livewell clients can access the gym from the facilities’ opening until 3.15pm and then from 7.30pm until the facilities close. Any use outside of these restrictions will incur the appropriate charge.
- Use of the gym at Queen’s Leisure Centre has no time restrictions, only the opening and closing times
- There are no time restrictions at weekends for using the gym at Derby Arena, Springwood and Queen’s Leisure Centres.
- Livewell classes will not be running straight away. We will let you know when these will re-start.
If you’re a Livewell client who hasn’t had a gym induction:
- Gym inductions will not be available straight away. We will let clients know when these are available.
- You must be an active client engaging in the programme with all reviews up to date to request a gym induction. Please check with your advisor if you’re unsure.
- Livewell clients with a card not activated for gym and/or group exercise classes can book for swimming sessions from 3 August.